The Building Maintenance Department oversees the quality and safety of the district’s school buildings, facilities and systems.
Director of Facilities II
Aanen Aanensen, (518) 895-2279 ext. 260
The Duanesburg Central School District submits information regarding asbestos-containing building materials to the New York State Education Department, in compliance with the Department’s notification procedures. This information is documented in the school district’s Asbestos Management Plan, which is in accordance with the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (AHERA) of 1987 (40 CFR Part 763). This memorandum is intended to fulfill annual notification requirements. In compliance with the AHERA Regulation. Documentation related to the re-inspection is available in the Asbestos Management Plan. The district continues to perform the required six month surveillance inspections as prescribed by AHERA.
The DCS Asbestos Management Plan is kept on file at the district office at 133 School Drive, Delanson. These records are available for review during regular business hours (8 a.m. to 4 p.m.) or by making an appointment. For more information, contact Aanen Aanensen, Director of Facilities, at (518) 895-2279. Information about required inspections and any scheduled asbestos projects occurring this school year is contained within the plan.
District-wide School Safety Plan (SAVE)
This Districtwide Safety Plan (Updated February 2021) has been developed to comply with the mandates of the Rebuilding Schools to Uphold Education Act of 1998 (RESCUE) and the Regulations of the Commissioner of Education at 8 NYCRR Section 155.17(e)(1). The plan’s protocols and procedures have become an extension of the District-wide Schools Against Violence In Education (S.A.V.E.) Plan and the Building S.A.V.E. Plans. It provides standard procedures to guide students and staff of the Duanesburg Central School District when responding to an emergency.
Facilities Use and Requests
Complete the Facilities Use Request Form and submit it to district clerk Celeste Junge firstname.lastname@example.org AND the appropriate building principal: email@example.com (HS) or firstname.lastname@example.org (ES)
New York State Education Law Section 409-H and State Education Department Commissioner’s Regulation 155.24, effective July 1, 2001, require all public and nonpublic elementary and secondary schools to provide written notification to all persons in parental relation, faculty, and staff regarding the potential use of pesticides periodically throughout the school year. The Duanesburg Central School District is required to maintain a list of persons in parental relation, faculty, and staff who wish to receive 48-hour prior written notification of certain pesticide applications. The following pesticide applications are not subject to prior notification requirements:
- a school remains unoccupied for a continuous 72 hours following an application;
- anti-microbial products;
- nonvolatile rodenticides in tamper resistant bait stations in areas inaccessible to children;
- nonvolatile insecticidal baits in tamper resistant bait stations in areas inaccessible to children;
- silica gels and other nonvolatile ready-to- use pastes, foams, or gels in areas inaccessible to children;
- boric acid and disodium octaborate tetrahydrate;
- the application of EPA designated biopesticides;
- the application of EPA designated exempt materials under 40CFR152.25;
- the use of aerosol products with a directed spray in containers of 18 fluid ounces or less when used to protect individuals from an imminent threat from stinging and biting insects including venomous spiders, bees, wasps, and hornets.
In the event of an emergency application necessary to protect against an imminent threat to human health, a good faith effort will be made to supply written notification to those on the 48-hour prior notification list. If you would like to receive 48-hour prior notification of pesticide applications that are scheduled to occur in your school, please call the district office at (518) 895-2279 or send the following information to the district office:
- If you are a person in parental relation, list the school(s) your child(ren) attend(s).
- If you are a school employee, list the school(s) or building(s) in which you regularly work.
- Your name, address, day phone, evening phone, and email. Please note that notifications will be made via email.
The Duanesburg Central School District uses an integrated pest management (IPM) approach to pests. IPM is recommended by the NYS Education Department and the US EPA.
In compliance with state laws, the Duanesburg Central School District recently completed testing its water sources for lead. The law requires school districts to sample all water outlets currently or potentially used for drinking or cooking purposes in buildings that may be occupied by students and to submit those samples to a state-approved lab for analysis. The following letters detail results for both school buildings in conjunction with testing required in 2020:
- Duanesburg Elementary School water testing notification January 2021
- Jan. 6: Duanesburg Jr./Sr. High School water testing notification January 2021
- DCS Water Testing Complete Results January 2021