Open teaching positions at DCS are posted to the On-Line Application System for educators (OLAS). Applicants who do not have access to a computer, or who need assistance in the application or interview process, may contact Celeste Junge at (518) 895-2279.
Change Your Career Path: Try Teaching
As a kid, did you want to be a teacher when you grew up? As an adult, that might still be a career option for you. With anticipated teacher shortages in a variety of key subject areas, now may be the perfect time to consider a career in teaching.
Whether you are heading to college, already have a degree or are considering a shift in careers, the New York State Education Department has multiple “Pathways to Certification” to help qualified candidates enter the teaching profession.
Substitute Teachers and Teaching Assistants
Potential substitutes can also leave a message at (518) 464-5127 with the correct spelling of their name and address to have an application mailed to them.
Applicants for non-instructional positions should complete a non-instructional application. Paper applications are also available in the district office. Completed applications should be sent to:
Mr. Jeff Rivenburg – Business Official
Duanesburg Central School District
133 School Drive
Delanson, NY 12053
Substitute School Nurse (RN)
- Basic Function: Administer health care services during the school year
- Qualifications: Registered Nurse Certification preferred; Valid NYS practicing license; CPR/AED certified
- Employment Info: Work schedule is as needed. Hours – ES – 8-3 & HS – 7:30 – 2:20
- Deadline for Application: November 18, 2020
- Salary: As per contract. The selected applicant will be subject to fingerprint supported criminal history background check in accordance with SAVE Legislation.
- Basic Function: Dust, wash and vacuum floors, empty wastebaskets, clean bathrooms, kitchen, cafeteria, maintain clean hallways and entrances and other duties as assigned.
- Qualifications: High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Employment Info: Work Year – July through June, Evenings – Monday through Friday
- Deadline for Application: November 13, 2020
- Salary: $13.00/hr. Health benefits available. The selected applicant will be subject to fingerprint supported criminal history background check in accordance with SAVE Legislation.
Substitute Bus Driver
- Basic Function: Individual will safely transport students to and from school, sporting events and field trips.
- Qualifications: High School Diploma or GED & CDL Drivers License with PS endorsement. (Training will be provided if candidate does not have proper driver certification).
- Employment Info: Monday through Friday (all school days)
- Application Deadline: ASAP
- Salary: Per DESA contract
- The selected applicant will be subject to fingerprint supported criminal history
background check in accordance with SAVE Legislation.
- Apply to: Call 518-895-2279 for an application or fill out the above non-instructional application. Applications may also be obtained at the District Office. Selected candidates will be contacted for interview.
Remit to: Dan McConnelee – Director of Transportation
Duanesburg Central School
133 School Dr.
Delanson, NY 12053
Bus Aide/Monitor for Regular Runs and Substitutes
- Location – Transportation Department
- Duties – Individual will supervise students who ride a morning and afternoon bus and/or local runs to assist the driver with students.
- Qualifications – High School Diploma & Bus Monitor Certification- we will train
- Employment Information – Monday through Friday (all school days)
- Deadline for submission: ASAP
- The selected applicant will be subject to fingerprint Supported criminal history background check in accordance with SAVE Legislation, a pre-employment physical and drug test.
School bus drivers are needed!
Training provided for CDL license with PS endorsement if needed. Must pass drug test, physical exam and all required testing. Clean driver’s abstract required. Permanent runs with benefits available. Please contact Duanesburg CSD Transportation Department at (518) 895-2511.
For coach positions, a NYS Coaching License and coaching experience are preferred. For coach positions, please contact Penny Hardenstine, Director of Instructional Studies, Health & Physical Education, Duanesburg CSD, 163 School Drive, Delanson, NY 12085; (518) 895-5350, ext. 224.
The Duanesburg Central School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, creed, handicapping conditions, marital status, veteran status, national origin, gender or sexual orientation in its educational programs or employment. No person shall be denied employment solely because of any impairment that is unrelated to the ability to engage in activities involved in the position or program for which the application has been made. Inquiries concerning this policy should be referred to: Superintendent of Schools, Duanesburg Central School District, 133 School Road, Delanson, New York 12053.
Applicants for teaching and non-instructional positions at DCS may be contacted for interviews and may be subject to fingerprint-supported criminal history background checks, in accordance with SAVE legislation.
Celeste Junge, (518) 895-2279 ext. 241
Deputy Treasurer/Human Resources
Karen Lancto, (518) 895-2279 ext. 239