As you also know, health and safety guidance from the state and local health departments related to COVID-19 continues to evolve. While the latest state guidance removes the mask requirement, the following health and safety protocols remain in place:
- Regardless of vaccination status, if a student tests positive for COVID-19 they must isolate for a full five days. Students may return to school after day five if they are asymptomatic or if symptoms are resolving. For days 6-10 following a positive test, students are required to wear a mask in school, including on the school bus.
- If a student has been exposed to COVID-19, regardless of vaccination status it is highly recommended they wear a mask for a full 10 days following that exposure.
- State and local health officials continue to recommend testing for COVID-19 following a possible exposure. COVID-19 tests are available at school to anyone who wants one. If you need a test, please contact email@example.com.
- Anyone who has symptoms of COVID-19 should stay home from school, regardless of vaccination status or recent infection, until tested and/or isolate for five days. If your student has symptoms and you aren’t sure what to do, or if you need a COVID-19 test kit, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
As always, we remain committed to keeping our students in school, while providing a safe learning environment for all. We will continue to follow a layered mitigation strategy to prevent the spread of illness in our schools and on our buses. This includes the following measures:
- KN-95 and surgical-style masks will be available for all who want them in our health offices
- OTC rapid tests will continue to be available in our health offices for free upon request
- Staff and student must continue to stay home when sick
- Staff and students who contract COVID-19 may return to school only if the following conditions are met:
– 5 days after onset of symptoms
– Fever-free (without fever reducing meds) for 24 hours
– Symptoms have improved
– Must wear properly fitted mask for 5 days upon return (or stay out for 10 days)
- Social Distancing: We will continue to keep 3 feet distancing whenever feasible in confined spaces without impacting interactive learning opportunities
- Cleaning and Disinfection: Daily routine cleaning and daily disinfection of high-touch surfaces
- Ventilation and Air Quality: Increased fresh air circulation (mechanical, open windows, open doors) and the use of portable air purifiers.
- Handwashing, Hand Sanitizer, and Respiratory Etiquette will continue to be encouraged
We will also continue to post positive cases on the state report card website. In some specific cases, the identification of close contacts may still be warranted. In these cases, we will provide the most up-to-date information related to COVID-19 testing, quarantine and isolation.
As always, we remain in close contact with public health officials and are committed to providing staff and families with clear, updated information on the latest health and safety guidance. Thank you for your continued partnership as we work to keep our students and staff healthy, and our students in school.
If you have any questions or concerns about COVID-19 testing or other health and safety protocols, please do not hesitate to contact our COVID-19 Coordinator, Superintendent James Niedermeier at email@example.com or our health care staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.