The Duanesburg Education Foundation is committed to helping the Duanesburg Central School District provide an excellent education for its students.
Realizing that the cost of providing such an education may exceed the available public funding, it is necessary to look to the private sector to enable the district to provide an educational program superior to that which could be provided if the district were solely dependent on public financing. By doing so, the district can provide an enhanced program. In implementing these general purposes it is recognized that mutual cooperation between the district and the corporation is essential to our success.
The foundation’s mission is to raise and collect funds for the following:
- Activities and projects that would benefit from private sector funding beyond that which is provided in the annual school budget
- Support for students and academic programs in Duanesburg that could not be initiated without supplemental financing
To that end, the Duanesburg Education Foundation solicits contributions, bequests, and other forms of gifts for the aforementioned purposes and manages, invests and disburses funds to and for the benefit of such; and acts as a recipient of grants, bequests and other gifts designated for such service and support.
Corporation funds are not intended to be used either to provide for those portions of the educational program which are the responsibility of the public through the annual District budget, nor to replace items of the educational program which would be eliminated as the result of a contingency budget.
Project Proposal Requests
Requests can be initiated by school personnel (administration and/or faculty) and submitted to the Duanesburg Education Foundation for their response.
The Duanesburg Educational Foundation also reserves the right to act proactively to identify a need in collaboration with the Duanesburg Central School District and to find foundation or donor support to address that need.
The educational foundation meets bi-monthly to approve funding for projects that are available to a wide range of students and enhance educational opportunities for students without supplanting the normally budgeted education program. To submit a request, download a request form or complete an online form.
- Raised and distributed more than $60,000 to benefit selected programs as well as students throughout the school system.
- Funded the purchase of new computer technology.
- Provided start-up funds for a new Duanesburg Jazz Band.
- Provided support for the Duanesburg Elementary School’s Keyboard Laboratory
- Brokered with the United Way to fund after-school programs including Odyssey of the Mind and Project Aegis.
- Assisted in the purchase of a kiln for the school’s art and after-school programs.
- Funded assistive technology for students with special needs.
- President Colleen Lowry, Pharm.D.
- Vice President Jill Menzies
- Treasurer Fred Aliberti
- Secretary Tammy Arquette, Esq.
Board of Trustees
- Wendy Graves
- Ellen McHale, Ph.D.
- Kathleen O’Brien, Ph.D.
- Francis Spor