Continuity of Learning
Activities for students at home
- K-6 students are being emailed or mailed copies of educational resources and online resources for Pre-K-6 students and parents are available, including self- and parent-guided learning experiences. The instructional content is focused on skills practice and review.
- 7-12 students can access educational resources with self- and parent-guided learning experiences.
- Special Education teachers are working with regular education teachers to modify resources
- Chromebooks and Hot Spots are being provided to students who do not have access to computers or the internet.
- Teachers will communicate with students periodically through email and/or Google Classroom sites. Teachers are also creating “office hours” and will send the times out to students.
- Building administrators will be holding weekly grade level or departmental meetings to monitor progress of instruction and address questions/concerns that individual teachers or departments may encounter.
- Guidance counselors, social workers and psychologists have created an online page with resources for students. They will contact families to check in and give guidance on how to use those resources.
- Speech teachers will send home or email resources to students. They are communicating directly with students/families and will individualize to the extent possible.
- Occupational and physical therapists are working on collecting Google resources for students.
- In-house mental health providers are teleconnecting to provide direct service to families.
To provide students with opportunities to continue learning while buildings are closed, the district will allow students to borrow a Chromebook. We ask that you only make a request if technology is not available to the student at home.
Students are asked to take great care of the Chromebook while it’s in their possession so that it is ready for use by other students upon return to school. If you have not yet reported needing a Chromebook, please take our technology survey here.
Chromebooks are being distributed to homes via school buses beginning Tuesday, March 17. All Chromebooks are sanitized prior to their arrival at students’ homes and will be cleaned again upon return to school.
If you have any questions regarding learning at home, please contact the building your student attends:
- Jr./Sr. High School (518) 895-3000
- Elementary School: (518) 895-2580