Duanesburg Day returns to the DCS high school campus on Saturday, April 6, 2019 from noon to 4 p.m., with a snow date of April 7. Mark your calendar for this free, family friendly event.
A fun and festive day has been planned by a committee of community members and school staff. Featured activities include:
- Kick-off ceremony at noon in Joe Bena Auditorium, with a special dedication and plaque ceremony
- Flag ceremony by Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts
- Arts, crafts and vendor fair
- Scholastic book fair
- Hands-on activities
- Student displays and demonstrations featuring history, art, music, science, technology, and student clubs, activities and sports
- On-site confidential shredding truck, provided by First New York Federal Credit Union
- Food, music and fundraisers
- Photo booth
- Guided bus tour of historical Duanesburg sites, including the Episcopal Church and Quaker Meeting House; begins at 1 p.m.
- Library, environmental and cooperative extension displays and demonstrations
- Presentations and displays by local government officials, civic and community organizations
- Safety presentations and displays by law enforcement and other first responders, including bike safety, K-9 units and emergency preparedness
- Presentations by local businesses and groups serving area youth
- 4:30 p.m. – ? District Talent Show in Joe Bena Auditorium
“With capital project work completed, Duanesburg High School is pleased to once again host Duanesburg Day and celebrate the many positives of our community,” said DCS Superintendent Frank Macri. “I encourage everyone to save the date and join us.”
Questions about Duanesburg Day may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.